Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our products and services.
We need to protect your personal information/data throughout the whole process. In this respect, we respect
your privacy and process your personal information/data in compliance with the laws applicable to us and we
are as clear as possible about how and why we use personal information about you.
This policy explains the data we may collect about you, how we use such data, and informs you about your
rights and how you can contact us.
Personal information that we may collect about you when you
- use our website
- use or receive our services
- visit our premises
- contact us
- Engage with us via social media
This may include information:
Which you provide whenever you:
- Complete one of our forms or receipts
- Contract with us or request a service
- enter information on our website
- contact us by any means whether by phone or via social media, applications, chat or instant
which is recorded on articles sent to you via the services we provide
which is recorded when you visit any of our premises
We may collect the following types of information:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number(s) and other contact and
- Information required to provide you with a service, and details of the services that you
- Your company's name, your position in the company, the company's address, the company's
address and telephone number
- Your payment information such as credit or debit card details
- Other information collected through your use of our website
- Details of any inquiry, complaint or feedback you place with us
- Information about the articles sent to you via any of our services
- Your information when signing for receipt of a parcel or letter.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to:
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us or from selected
- provide you with our products and services
- use it for technical administration of the website and make our website content and
serviceseasier to use and more appropriate to you
- enhance or improve customers' experience of our products, services and our website
- improve and develop our services
- protect the security, e.g., to check your identity when you use our services
- prevent and detect fraud against you, us and/or third parties
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
- Use it for product-related surveys and marketing purposes
If you call any of our customer service telephone numbers, we may record your call. These
recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and
improve our customer service standards.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information:
- directly from customers: e.g. when you sign up to receive our services or register on our
website by e-mails and online forms
- from third parties who use our products and services e.g. information recorded on articles
sent to you by a third party
- From referral and statistical information where we have links
- from our other companies and subsidiaries e.g. if a customer has indicated its wish to
receiveinformation about the products and services of such entities
- from third parties, e.g., when we acquire third party marketing lists or information from
other publicly available sources; e.g., when obtaining an authorization for a payment you
make or when undertaking an identity-check
- When products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information
is collected by the business partner for us to provide you with the product or service
- When mail and other documentation passes through our network, we may collect information on
the outside of letters, parcels and other mail items, e.g., contact information that enables
us to route items through our network for delivery to the addressee
Who sees the personal information that we hold?
Customers' personal information may be provided to:
Our companies and subsidiaries
Details of our businesses can be found here: www.libanpost.com
Selected third parties
- where customers have indicated their wish to receive information about third party products,
services or promotions that may be of interest to them
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose
the information to such business partner in order to provide the services
- for the prevention of fraud and reduction of payment risk against us, third parties and/or
- for the purposes of identity verification
- to prevent money laundering
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime and/or legal violations
- in fulfilment of our service obligations with competent authorities (e.g. Customs
Disclosures of personal information required by law
We may be required to disclose certain personal information in compliance with applicable laws
and regulations or in compliance with a court order or an official request from law enforcement
agencies or in the context of legal proceedings.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details could be passed
to fraud prevention agencies or the relevant authorities and/or law enforcement agencies.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money
laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit-related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention
agencies from Lebanon or other countries.
Transfers of personal information outside Lebanon
In case we need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside
Lebanon, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of
We do not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your personal data to third parties and
required by law, or unless you have given express consent to do so.
Keeping personal information secure
We continuously strive to take all necessary technical and organizational security measures to
protect your personal data from being lost or misused, or inappropriately or accidentally
accessed, used, shared or destroyed.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers' personal information for as long as we need it to carry out a
particular purpose or meet a particular obligation or comply with legal and regulatory
requirements. – such as where we need to retain customer records and records of purchases for an
additional time to comply with the law or in case of potential claims.
Your Personal Information Rights
For as long as we retain personal data about you, you are entitled to rely on several rights.
These rights allow you to exercise control over how your personal information is processed.
You are entitled to:
Access your personal information
We commit ourselves to provide you with any personal information we hold in your regard.
Customers with web-based profiles can access the information they provided us when registering
for any of our online service by accessing the relevant “My Account” section.
Keeping your information accurate
We will ensure that the personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is
reasonably possible and feasible. However, we rely on customers to ensure that some of the
information we hold about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform us
of any changes to their information (e.g., by updating their account details on our website).
Remove your consent
You can change your mind whenever you give us consent, such as for direct marketing engagement.
Restrict and object
You have the right to restrict and object to the processing of your personal information or use
of automated decision-making in doing so.
Delete your information (your right to be forgotten)
You may ask us to delete your personal information. However, such right may result in the
suspension of your access to and use of any services on our website.
Move your information (your right to portability)
Where possible we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another
organisation indicated by you.
A proof of identity is required in order to protect your information when processing such access
requests. We might also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information for
example, date and details of website access, products or services that you have used etc. An
optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
We shall not bear any liability in case you do not provide the required details or refuse to
fill out the aforementioned application.
You can exercise the rights outlined above by contacting [email protected]
You allow us to provide you with information about products and services that we, or third
parties we would have selected, may consider being of interest to you. To do this, we may use
your personal data to understand your interests better, so that we can try to predict what other
products, services, and information you might be most interested in.
The information we may provide you include marketing information:
- About our products and services by choosing to opt-in on the relevant registration form of
our relevant website or service or through other forms of engagement
- About third party products and services by choosing to opt-in on the relevant registration
form of our relevant website, service, or other forms of engagement.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you use a website to store information
related to you and your computer.
The purpose of using cookies is to be able to offer you optimal user guidance as well as to
"recognize" you and thus be able to present (as much as possible) diversified internet pages
suiting your needs, expectations and new contents during repeated use.
We use the following kinds of cookies:
- Analytics cookies in order to collect information about how visitors use our site, such as
to determine how frequently our internet pages are accessed as well as the number of users,
the pages visitors go to most often and where they have come to the site from. This
information is collected anonymously and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Marketing and advertising cookies to deliver advertisement more relevant to the user and
his/her interests. Such cookies record that the user has visited our website, and are also
used to limit the number of times you see the same advertisement. This would help measure
the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. It is important to note that this information is
- Session cookies that are stored exclusively for the duration of your visit to one of our
- Persistent cookies for retaining information about visitors who repeatedly access one of our
Generally, we do not create an individual profile of your online activities. The content of a
persistent cookie is limited to an identification number. Name, e-mail address, IP address,
etc., are not saved on the majority of our sites.
Links to other mobile application
Our website may include links to other sites. We will make every effort to provide links to high
quality, reputable sites but are not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or
the services they offer. Users of our website who link to other sites through it are responsible
using the same.
How to contact us
Customers having enquiries relating to the collection, use, sharing and protection of personal
data may contact us on [email protected]
Your privacy is important to us. However, we cannot secure that our level of security meets or
exceeds any specific standards. No internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free, nor is
stored data free from vulnerabilities. We cannot guarantee the security of our websites,
databases or services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be
intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. We are not responsible for actions
of third parties.
The access and use of this site is provided to you on the condition that you accept all the
reservation of any kind
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE PRECEDING PROVISIONS OR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO AGREE TO
THEM, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS SITE.
We disclaim any representations and warranties not expressly set out in this policy. Except as
expressly provided herein, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the
privacy in general or the services or features of the website. We also make no representations
on behalf of any third parties.